7 Steps in preparing for this historic vote
1) Determine the number of delegates to represent your church:
Converge Southeast bylaws allow for the following number of delegates from member churches or member church plants:
Article 5.C Delegates - Each CSE church will be entitled to send up to five delegates (exclusive of ex officio delegates) to the Annual Meeting of CSE.
Article 4.C. CHURCH PLANTS -
A church plant started by CSE will automatically be affiliated as a partner church of the region. (Therefore, a church plant will have the same status of a CSE member church.)
Member Churches & Member Church Plants: 5 delegates maximum per church
2) Email the registration link to your selected delegates.
3) Download and read the following documents:
- Merger Agreement – Detailed Legal Document on the merger
- Merger Resolutions – Formal Resolutions for the Merger and changes to the MidAmerica Bylaws to expand our Board of Overseers from 12 to 15
- Merger Amendment
- Merger Timeline outlining the process
- Merger FAQ Document
- Ernie’s observations concerning the merger
4) Attend one of the upcoming Zoom Meetings for Q & A:
August 24 at 7 p.m. EST with Caribbean Leaders
August 26 at 10 a.m. EST Town Hall
August 26 at 7 p.m. EST Town Hall
September 8 at 2 p.m. CST (3 pm EST) – Combined Prayer Gathering
September 9 at 7 p.m. EST Town Hall
5) Contact any of the following Board Members you know for more information as well as the District Executive Minister:
District Executive Minister
- Ernie Cabrera: 407.755.7430
Board of Stewards
- Cecil Hollar – Chairman
- Efren Salonga Carlos Jr. – Vice Chairman
- Paul Hobson – Treasurer
- Vic Cuccia
- Doug Ripley
- Sammy Pawlak
- Walter Angelica
- Greg Heinsch
- Tom Messer
- Kendal Anderson
- Amos Eugene
- Joey Mimbs
- Miguel Medina
6) Be prepared to receive a virtual ballot on September 23.
7) Vote during the 24-hour period and ends on September 24.
Vote between 1 p.m. EST (12 noon CST) September 23 and 1 p.m. EST (12 noon CST) September 24.