Director of Children's Ministry
About Chapel of the Cross
Chapel is here to equip people to know Jesus and follow Him. We would love for you to join us as we gather to worship our savior, Jesus Christ. From loving our Kids to growing in Life Groups to supporting Missions and Outreach, everything we do is centered around the Gospel of Jesus. That is the good news that though we were dead in our sins, Jesus paid our penalty by his death on the cross, giving us righteousness in the eyes of God.
To equip children and parents to know Jesus and follow Him by providing a pathway of discipleship.
The Director of Children Ministries will report to the Lead Pastor. It is clearly understood that the effectiveness of the Director of Children’s Ministries will be largely determined by the quality of the relationship and partnership with the Lead Pastor, the children’s leadership team and parents. Maintaining the highest levels of communication, trust, integrity, and loyalty is essential to this relationship.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Oversee the Children Ministry experience:
Create and communicate a clear vision for Children’s Ministries based on the Chapel mission, vision and strategy
- Create and maintain a loving and safe Childcare environment for infants and toddlers
- Develop and implement a curriculum plan for toddlers thru fifth graders that is engaging, Biblical, and age-appropriate
- Organize and maintain a fun, safe, and appropriately stocked environment for infants thru fifth graders
- Coordinate with the pastor(s) and staff in the integration of Children’s Ministries within the church as a whole and for Children’s ministry to support other ministries
- Incorporate discipleship that encourage kids to grow in their relationship with God
- Create opportunities for kids to serve the Lord by serving others in the church and in the community
- Create engaging summer events that encourage kids to know Jesus and follow Him
- Identify and create ways to support children and parents affected by special needs to the best of Chapel’s ability
- Collaborate with the Director of Student Ministries to create a smooth transition from Children’s Ministries to Student Ministries
- Manage the overall health and safety policies in Children’s ministry, including the registration and check in process
- Establish and manage the Children’s Ministries budget with integrity and efficiency
- Oversee and plan any weekday gatherings and worship experiences that are fun, relevant, and engaging
- Encourage children to on how to share their faith and serve the church and community
- Develop a strategy to reach new kids in our surrounding schools and community
- Develop an online and digital strategy for reaching and teaching kids that compliments the overall objectives of the ministry
Invest in the lives of children and parents:
Regularly meet with kids and parents outside of ministry events
- Build relationships with parents and partner with them in their child’s faith journey
- Consistently communicate current events and future plans with parents and kids
- Provide tools to help parents with the spiritual training of their children
- Lead or work with partner ministries to create topical training for parents
Recruit, develop, and shepherd volunteers:
- Recruit and develop volunteers for the Children Ministry Team
- Give clear direction and training for volunteers and provide feedback
- Create and manage rotations and breaks with a fixed serving term
- Utilize the Children’s Ministry Team for program evaluation, strategic planning, and to maintain constant alignment with the mission of Chapel
- Regularly shepherd and care for volunteers
- Adhere to Chapel background check requirements
- As a growing church, each staff member is engaged in defined responsibilities beyond their primary ministry function.
- Convert ideas and activities into a budget and track expenses and basic financial skills
- Work with the Staff in a constructive, respectful and engaging manner to align with the greater Chapel mission and vision.
- Understand and utilize A/V technology, social media and communication skills in order to reach Children and families in various platforms
- Be a positive voice for the staff and leadership of Chapel.
- Identify opportunities to partner with other churches and ministries for the purposes of sharing best practices and peer support.
- Strive to make Chapel a training hub of pastors and leaders that will bless and equip other churches in New England.
The ideal candidate for the Director of Children’s Ministries at Chapel of the Cross is:
- Contagious love for Christ, His church and His word.
- A love for God’s Children
- A builder, creatively driven, and both missionally and administratively minded.
- A high-octane proven performer who wants to kick a dent in eternity
- A confident leader who also carries a dose of humility and authenticity
- A person who is just as excited on Sunday nights to start leading Monday morning as the Lead Pastor is excited on Saturday nights to preach on Sunday morning.
- Highly disciplined work ethic
- Self-starter and result-oriented contributor.
- Exemplify a strong commitment to family values.
- Caring for the parents and caregivers to help them grow as well
- A leader who can gather people around a vision to build ministry.
- A genuine love for Christ and a regular prayer/devotional life.
- A commitment to continual growth in personal spiritual and emotional maturity.
- An attitude of love and grace toward people.
- A life and heart that is congruent with the mission, vision, and values of Chapel of the Cross.
- Strong relational and team building skills, particularly as it pertains to members of the staff management team and staff of Chapel of the Cross.
- A commitment to using wisdom and discernment before making decisions.
- Does hard things first and takes time to follow up.
- A natural sense to what to do in ministry and knows why they do it.