About Sylvan Way Baptist Church
Sylvan Way Baptist Church—Bremerton, Washington is seeking the man of God’s choosing to shepherd, lead, exhort and encourage this congregation, and to continue our rich heritage of 70 years of “Building God’s Kingdom Together” in the Pacific Northwest.
For a closer look at the ministry of Sylvan Way Baptist Church, please visit our website at sylvanway.com.
Date Posted: 03/18/19
Application Deadline: 04/30/19
Categories: Senior/Lead Pastor
Denomination: Baptist/Member of Converge Worldwide. Size: 400-500 Job Type: Full-Time
He will seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit to effectively communicate and proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ, evangelize the unsaved, and educate the believing congregation in a manner consistent with the Holy Scriptures. He will strive to preach the Word of God to the congregation excellently and effectively each week, in season and out of season, promoting a vibrant spiritual relationship with our Lord. He will shepherd our church, feed the flock the Word of God, guard the flock from unsound doctrine and dangers, care for and call back those lambs who stray, and point us toward a Biblically positive vision that culminates in Christ’s return.
- Experiences a deep personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and is unashamed to preach the gospel. In character he is beyond reproach, temperate, self-controlled and meets the scriptural qualifications of a pastor as provided in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Peter 5:1-4
- Shepherds God’s flock under his care, serving as an overseer; not lording over those entrusted to him, but being a spiritual example to the flock.(1 Peter 5:2-3)
- Pastors and teaches, preparing God’s people for works of service so that the body of Christ will be built up. (Ephesians 4:11-12)
- Demonstrates a heartfelt love for people and has a Christ-like concern for their spiritual, mental and emotional well-being.
Education and Experience
- Master of Theology is preferred, Bachelor of Theology is minimum.
- An ordained minister or willing to seek ordination within the first two years from the call.
- Ten years of full-time ministry is preferred.
- Pass a criminal record background check.
- Allow a credit check of personal finances.
- Uphold the requirements provided in the Constitution/By-Laws of Sylvan Way Baptist Church.
- Performs all of the Scriptural duties of the office of pastor-teacher by preaching the Word. He values the importance of the weekly sermon and spends significant time in prayer and preparation. He employs a mainly expository preaching method.
- Seeks and promotes prayer as a priority, both personally and in the life of the Church.
- Involves himself personally in many of the day-to-day ministries of the church and in community events in order to develop relationships and model Christ-like servant-leadership.
- Promotes the Goals, Mission, Objectives and Purpose of the Church. Along with his Elders, seeks God’s direction in casting vision, setting goals and developing the ministries that will fulfill those goals.
- Supervises and develops the Pastoral Staff, providing leadership, goal-setting and a yearly evaluation.
- Assists the Elders in the performance of their duties.
- Recruits, trains, supervises, and evaluates ministry team leaders, and works alongside them to accomplish the goals of the Church.
- Overseers the monies and funds which are authorized for the ministries of the Senior Pastor by the Budget.
- Promotes and encourages participation by the Church and its members in Converge Northwest and Converge Worldwide.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation and benefits will be commensurate with experience and are negotiable upon call.
Applications for this position will only be accepted through the “Pastoral Placement Process” (P3). To apply, or for more information go to http://convergep3.com/register. Please carefully consider the application deadline (4/30/19).