Kids Ministry Leader
About Restoration Church
Restoration Church is located in a residential neighborhood just north of downtown Anoka. Originally founded as Elim Swedish Baptist Church in 1883, we have been in the community for nearly 140 years!
We are seeking a skilled individual who is the right cultural fit with our church and team to become an active part of our church community and lead our children to Know God and Make Him Known.
Our youth programming is currently on Wednesday evenings from 6:30 - 7:30 and the ability to help with Kids’ Church on some Sunday mornings (at least 1x/month) is required.
Our purpose is to Know God and to Make Him Known. Throughout our church, our city, and our world.
Restoration Church Kids’ Ministry Leader Job Description
Restoration Church is looking to hire a Kids’ Ministry Leader part-time (~10-12 hours/week ) for about 30-32 weeks (August - April with a few built in weeks off) to teach the message of Jesus Christ to children and assist the families in laying a strong foundation for children to follow Christ for a lifetime.
Personal and Spiritual Requirements:
- He/She should meet the Scriptural qualifications for leadership as laid out in 1 Timothy 3
- Model a commitment to Jesus Christ and His Church
- Possess a passion for building the next generation To Know God, and Make Him Known
- Passionate love for God evidenced by the Fruit of the Spirit
- Willingness to work cooperatively and respectfully as a team with the entire ministry staff
- Agreement with the Constitution and By-laws of Restoration Church as well as What We Believe (found at the bottom of this page: https://restorationanoka.org/im-new)
- Degree, experience, or in a program for ministry or education would be of value but not required
Ministry Responsibilities:Plan, Teach, and Oversee
- Be the Primary Teacher for the Wednesday evening Blast program
- Select curriculum for Wednesday evening Blast programming
- Teach Sunday Morning Kids Church once monthly as part of a team of teachers
- Be fully prepared, knowing the topic and schedule and being capable to lead and teach kids
- Competent in the use of current technology to enhance the Blast experience or ability to learn
- Preparing Propresenter, music, crafts etc. for Blast
- Plan and conduct an annual training for Next Gen Volunteers with Associate/Youth Pastor
- Recruit, Train, and Equip teachers and volunteers
- Oversee room use and equipment for each kids ministry room
- Work with Staff and MLT to develop and monitor budget and objectives for the Ministry Area
- Be an active part of Restoration Church and represent us and Christ well to the community
- Complete other duties as assigned
This is a part-time position approximately ~10-12 hrs/week from August 1 (or ASAP after) through the end of April. Salary range $6,171 - $7,920. Final agreement will depend on qualifications and experience
1. Fill out the application on our website www.restorationanoka.org/jobs
2. Cover Letter and Resume
Please send Cover Letter and Resume documents to email@example.com
Have questions or want to connect with a Restoration Church person? Email Jon (Senior Pastor) firstname.lastname@example.org or Zach (Associate Pastor) email@example.com or call the church office: 763-421-8124.
We are accepting applications until the position is filled.