Director of Worship
About Hope Community Church
HCC is a multi-location church, with one of our locations being uniquely placed in downtown Minneapolis, one block from US Bank Stadium and in close proximity to the University of Minnesota. Hope was started in 1996 as a church to reach people in their 20s and 30s with the good news of Jesus Christ. Although we are represented by all age groups, we are a church with a high percentage of college students, young adults, singles, and families. Small groups, life-on-life mentoring and leadership development are passions of HCC, as well as starting other new churches in the Twin Cities (We have started 11 in all.). We are reformed in our theology and baptistic, complementarian and elder-led in our polity.
Our vision is to honor God by helping as many people as possible become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. Honoring God through worship is a top priority of HCC. Our corporate worship gatherings are vitally important as we desire to engage believers and draw seekers to adore Christ.
Although our worship has taken different forms at Hope in our nearly 25-year history, in this next season we aim to create a more thorough and comprehensive worship experience as we gather weekly in the following manner:
1. Increase Engagement in worship
2. Broaden our worship style and music to reach more people
3. Employ and incorporate a Diversity of people and elements to achieve this
We are now searching for our next Director of Worship who would lead our downtown Minneapolis worship team with passion and enrich the corporate church in gathered worship. The next Director of Worship will help our church to be relevant and reverent in our worship services, attracting new people while engaging believers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Plan and lead weekly worship services in partnership with the Lead Pastor and Senior Pastor
- Plan and lead weekly worship team rehearsals in collaboration with other worship leaders (both staff and non-staff)
- Plan and lead quarterly recording sessions for purposes of online worship services
- Create and maintain a culture and community amongst worship team members of knowing and being known, caring for and being cared by others Hold sectionals for the various instrumentalists to improve musical proficiency
- Hold auditions to regularly bring new members onto the team
- Mentor and train younger worship leaders
﹘ In conjunction with the AVL Assistant, oversee team scheduling to ensure instrumental coverage, honor musician availability, and avoid volunteer burnout
﹘ Communicate weekly with respective worship team members; includes providing all necessary materials with sufficient lead time before rehearsal and Sunday worship (at least one week prior to rehearsal)
﹘ Research new worship songs as well as special songs in partnership with Lead Pastor
- Budget (preparation and strategy with Associate Director to AVL about sound equipment needs, etc)
- Expenses (tracking and maintaining budgetary framework)
- Handle financial accounts, shipping/receiving, communication, vendor relationships, etc. for all Hope Hymns materials
- Share in the ministry of HCC in an area of interest/need outside the realm of worship leading
- Attend all relevant staff meetings
- Miscellaneous projects and other tasks at supervisor’s discretion
- Represent Christ and Hope Community Church to volunteers and the community, including being prepared to share the Christian beliefs that Hope holds and lead by example in both their personal and professional life
Qualifications and Skills:
The right individual will have a personal and vital relationship with Jesus Christ and believe in the vision and mission of HCC. They will have a knowledge of and love for the Bible. They will have experience in worship ministry and proven leadership capabilities. Degree in a related field is preferred. People (men and women) from a diverse variety of backgrounds, cultures and experiences are encouraged to apply.
This person will need an increased capacity to lead and care for teams of talented musicians, administrate many details, communicate effectively, and aid the people of HCC to worship God in fullness. They will also be highly gifted in the areas of music leading, understanding music theory, instrumentation, vocals, team execution, training others musically, developing leaders, and administration. Other desired traits are flexible, self-motivated, hard worker, people-oriented, reliable, consistent, team player, encourager, humble, vulnerable, and the ability to keep confidential information.
Submit cover letter, resume, and video demonstrating musicianship/leadership (if possible) to email@example.com by May 24, 2021.