About Converge International Ministries
Converge is a movement of churches working to help people meet, know and follow Jesus. We do this by starting and strengthening churches together worldwide. For over 165 years we’ve helped churches bring life change to communities in the U.S. and around the world through church planting and multiplication, leadership training and global missions.
The Internship Specialist will help fulfill the mission and vision of Converge International Ministries by administering our [IM]PACT Service Internship program. The internship program is designed to be an on-ramp for new global workers through a strategic internship experience within our initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
RECRUITMENT AND INTERVIEWING
- Create with the Director of Mobilization a recruitment strategy:
- to include colleges/universities, campus ministries, Converge churches, and consortium leaders.
- that includes attending college mission fairs. These Christian colleges would not be associated with Converge but would allow external recruitment.
- Direct interested young adults to complete a simple online application.
- Schedule with each intern candidate and a small interview panel the preliminary virtual interview. Create a set of pre-determined questions and lead the interview.
PLANNING AND EXECUTION OF INTERNSHIPS (6-10 week terms of service)
- Assist initiative leaders in developing an internship plan.
- Plan and facilitate the [IM]PACT Service Internship preparatory training for all approved interns.
- Plan all aspects of the 6-10 week journey, including purchasing tickets, tracking received funds, etc.
- Coordinate with the initiative leaders to prepare for the arrival of interns.
- Communicate regularly:
- with each intern during the internship period. Troubleshoot any potential problems that arise.
- with hosting global workers/initiative leaders.
- Schedule and conduct a debrief with each intern upon completion of the internship.
BE A VITAL TEAM MEMBER
- Participate in regularly scheduled Mobilization Team meetings to communicate, collaborate, and celebrate our work together.
- Other duties or responsibilities, as needed, to move forward the International Ministries’ vision, as directed by the Director of Mobilization or the Executive Director of International Ministries.
Responsibilities may involve building a team of volunteers, including: interviewing, training, directing outcomes and objectives, collaborative planning, and evaluation/reward of the volunteers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be competent with basic computer functions and working capacity with technological tools (CRM-Stratus Live). The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university is preferred, or five or more years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrates interest and takes the initiative to attend learning and job-related training events.
Has a high efficiency in the English language, including the ability to write with a professional level of grammar. Demonstrates excellent ability to communicate with diplomacy and discernment. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to handle numbers well, including to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with various concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None required. Notary Public is not required but would be helpful.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Periodic travel will be required for various meetings. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or listen.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.