Event & Guest Services Coordinator
Orlando, Florida // converge.org
About ConvergeConverge is a movement of churches working to help people meet, know and follow Jesus. We do this by starting and strengthening churches together worldwide. For over 165 years we’ve helped churches bring life change to communities in the U.S. and around the world through church planting and discipleship multiplication, leadership training and coaching and global missions.
SUMMARYTo provide event and meeting guest services with excellence for the Bright Ministry Center and Converge leaders, staff and guests through executing and planning events and meetings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESBright Ministry Center: report to Director of Facilities, Dave Holmes
- Assist the Director of Facilities with communication, rentals, contract negotiations and pre/post event preparations and inspections at the BMC.
- Assist large groups using the BMC with building orientations, expectations, resources, requests, contracts, invoices and damage documentation.
- Assist with contracting laborers, janitorial services and AV techs.
- Back up to DOF for BMC systems and security (training provided).
- Maintain supplies and prepare hospitality bags for first-time visitors, out-of-town guests and Converge leaders.
- Purchase supplies in bulk, forecasting needs for meetings and being a good steward of resources.
- Coordinate and execute catering or food and beverage, set-up, serve and clean up; recruit volunteers and department admins to help as needed for meeting/events.
- Network and negotiate contracts with local hotels; manage reservations for out-of-town guests.
- Coordinate details such as budget, food and beverage needs, hotel accommodations and expectations with corresponding departments (CPAC, MAC, Launch, Compass, BOO, etc.)
- Conferences and Retreats: (Converge Unleash, Reach Conference, EMT Retreat) assist contracted event planner with pre-planning and on-site event coordinator for Converge conferences; site visits and research for future locations, negotiate contracts with hotel and vendors, coordinate food and beverage needs, space requirements, etc.
- Assist the President’s office with special guests, meetings and events as needed.
- Coordinate all meetings by reserving rooms in espace for BMC, Converge and Reliant.
- Reconcile expense report for monthly travel, meetings and events.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Complete familiarity with basic computer, office equipment tools and functions.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends, flexible schedule.
- Capable of assisting guests in a professional, courteous manner, flexible and kind, representing Converge in a godly manner.
- Detail oriented, capable of prompt decision making with administrative and organizational skills.
- Travel is required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Two-year related experience and/or training in the hospitality or meeting/event field is desired.
- Computer literate with experience in Office 365 programs.
- Strong customer service skills and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to read and write contracts and correspondence grammatically correct in English.
- Spanish speaking is helpful, but not required.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLSAbility to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of U.S. currency and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
REASONING ABILITYAbility to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSCMP (Certified Meeting Planner) is encouraged.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Travel is required for various meetings, events and conferences.
- Must be able to stand for 2-hours at a time.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Noise level may be high during events and lighting minimal.