Director of Mobilization
Converge is a movement of churches working to help people meet, know and follow Jesus. We do this by starting and strengthening churches together worldwide. For over 165 years we’ve helped churches bring life change to communities in the U.S. and around the world through church planting and discipleship multiplication, leadership training and coaching and global missions.
The Director of Mobilization is responsible to lead a team that effectively recruits, assesses, trains, deploys and off-boards global workers in alignment with our Pathway in pursuit of our International Ministries’ vision.
The Director of Mobilization will be directly responsible to the Executive Director of International Ministries and will be a valued member of the Directional Leadership Team (DLT).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Effectively Lead a Team to Send Qualified Workers in Pursuit of the IM Vision
- Embrace a team-ministry approach that leverages the gifts, strengths and experiences of every team member to enhance the overall performance of the team.
- Will regularly meet with, assess and encourage team members to continually improve the tactics and processes for accomplishing the identified objectives of mobilization.
- Will lead mobilization team meetings as needed to achieve good team moral and best results.
Assure Strategic Recruitment of High Potential Missionary Candidates
- Help develop and maintain strategic recruitment processes that provide a high ratio of results to investment. This would include developing ongoing relationships with carefully selected schools, Converge churches and other potential partner ministries.
- Work in collaboration with International Leaders, Initiative Leaders, and Project Leaders to manage their recruitment efforts well.
- Assure a process of applications and pre-assessment necessary to reach a high probability of approvals in the Missionary Assessment Centers (MAC).
- Implement standards for candidates that uphold our mission and values stated in the IM Pathway.
- Inform the Board of Overseers and District Executive Ministers of MAC applicants, missionary appointees, and deployments.
- Help design and oversee the MACs for a high standard of effectiveness.
- Be sure deferred candidates are effectively tracked for best probability of future missionary service.
Oversee the Process of Equipping and Deploying Missionary Appointees
- Assure that missionary appointees are acclimated into the Converge IM culture, expectations and processes.
- Assure the necessary ongoing personal contact through the process of mobilization.
- Oversee effective processes for field placement of appointees.
- Provide a highly successful MPD training and accountability process.
- In collaboration with the DLT, identify and provide the necessary training processes for successful cross-cultural deployments.
- Help prepare sending churches to properly commission missionaries when deployed.
Oversees an Appropriate and Clear Process of Ministry Conclusion
- Work with global staff and their supervisors to manage a clean process of ending missionary service, whether it’s retirement, resignation or forced termination.
- Assure clear communication with the global worker, necessary IM staff, sending church, supporting churches and individual ministry partners.
- Collaborate with the missionary’s supervisor to appropriately honor the person(s) completion of ministry.
Lead the Mobilization Administrative Assistant: Communicate and coordinate, projects, processes and daily routine matters; carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Oversee the Mobilization Associate: Clarify this person’s roles, give feedback for success, hold accountable for agreed upon objectives, collaborate for effectiveness, and delegate responsibility as is appropriate.
Leadership of the Mobilization Division: As needed, help in the hire of new staff for mobilization and provide adequate leadership and accountability for these new staff members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to lead a high-performance team well. Must be competent with basic computer functions and working capacity with technological tools (CRM-StratusLIVE). The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university and Master’s level degree in theology or equivalent; or five or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated interest and initiative in attending learning and job training experiences.