Converge is a movement of churches working to help people meet, know and follow Jesus. We do this by starting and strengthening churches together worldwide. For over 165 years we’ve helped churches bring life change to communities in the U.S. and around the world through church planting and multiplication, leadership training and global missions.
The Benefits Administrator will contribute to Converge by developing, implementing and administering Company’s Benefits programs including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, AD&D and other voluntary benefit programs available to associates across the organization to ensure that benefits remain competitive, cost-effective and legally compliant. This position provides excellent customer service and designs quality benefits plans. The administrator continually investigates new benefits programs, improves existing programs and supervises and monitors benefits administration. This person will work in collaboration with the accounting department on payroll issues. In accordance with our mission to help people meet, know and follow Jesus by starting and strengthening churches together worldwide, this person must believe in our vision, live a life modeling a vibrant walk with Christ and hold to our Affirmation of Faith.
This is a salaried, full-time position located at the Converge headquarters in Orlando, Florida.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reports to the Vice President of Financial Operations (CFO)
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and associates.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of reports.
- Assist in the coordination of annual Open Enrollment process
- Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees.
- Execute daily benefits processing including monitoring job results, comparing to expected results, and reconciling data to ensure accuracy.
- Assist as needed with enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims.
- Oversee maintenance of associate benefits files, maintain group benefits database and update associate payroll records.
- Gather associate data and process monthly billings and the preparation of vouchers for payment of administrative fees and premiums for all group plans.
- Assist accounting in payroll responsibilities including W-2, 1099, etc.
- Provide employee service support.
- Contribute content and distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions.
- Investigate and resolve eligibility, plan interpretation and other items that require intervention between the associates and third parties by working with vendors and the benefits manager.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of all health and welfare plans, policies and procedures.
- Assist with open enrollment activities, communication creation/review and system preparation/testing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
*In the first few months of employment, travel is required. Converge is consolidating from two offices to one. This will require the employee to frequent the Chicago office to learn systems. After first few months, travel is minimal.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude, with the ability to use Microsoft products.
- Mastering the Converge CRM and Financial software.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Growing knowledge of all federal and state regulations affecting associate benefits programs including PPACA, HIPAA, ERISA, FMLA, ADA, Medicare, COBRA and DOL requirements and how they relate to non-profit/Christian ministry.
- Ability to work independently and possess initiative when carrying through assignments.
- Experience researching and analyzing information from a variety of sources.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and/or sensitive business information skills.
- Strong preference for candidates in Orlando, Florida area.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in human resource management or related field preferred, and three to five years of employee benefits administration experience. Experience in the non-profit/Christian ministry sector is a plus. SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP and CEBS professional designations is a plus. A deep personal commitment to Christ and a heart for the local church and global missions.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write messages and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective, persuasive and easily understandable presentations on benefits to staff. Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. This job also requires occasional travel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The office environment is very collaborative with the expectation of cross department meetings. The work environment is a mix of offices with doors, cubicles, and meeting spaces. The noise level is moderate.
Send your resume to Carla Lenox.