Director of Worship - Part Time
About Chapel of the Cross
To equip people to know Jesus and follow Him. We would love for you to join us as we gather to worship our savior, Jesus Christ. From loving our Kids to growing in Life Groups to supporting Missions and Outreach, everything we do is centered around the Gospel of Jesus. That is the good news that though we were dead in our sins, Jesus paid our penalty by his death on the cross, giving us righteousness in the eyes of God.
We exist to help people improve their relationship with God and each other through our mission of equipping people to know Jesus and follow Him.
The Director of Worship Arts will report to the Lead Pastor. The effectiveness of the Director of Worship will be largely determined by the quality of the relationship and partnership with the Lead Pastor and the Worship team. Maintaining the highest levels of communication, trust, integrity, and loyalty is essential to these relationships.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate for the Director of Worship at Chapel of the Cross is:
- Contagious love for Christ, His church and His word.
- A love for music and actively praising the Lord through gifting
- A builder, creatively driven, and both missionally and administratively minded.
- A confident leader who also carries a dose of humility and authenticity
- A person who is just as excited on Sunday nights to start leading Monday morning as the Lead Pastor is excited on Saturday nights to preach on Sunday morning.
- Self-starter and result-oriented contributor.
- Exemplify a strong commitment to family values.
- Caring for others above self
- A leader who can gather people around a vision to build ministry.
- A genuine love for Christ and a regular prayer/devotional life.
- A commitment to continual growth in personal spiritual and emotional maturity.
- An attitude of love and grace toward people.
- A life and heart that is congruent with the mission, vision, and values of Chapel of the Cross.
- Strong relational and team building skills, particularly as it pertains to members of the staff management team and staff of Chapel of the Cross.
- A commitment to using wisdom and discernment before making decisions.
- Does hard things first and takes time to follow up.
- A natural sense to what to do in ministry and knows why they do it.