Associate Pastor of Discipleship and Family Ministry
About Trinity Baptist Church
Trinity Baptist Church is a multi-generational, evangelical church averaging 120+ attendance on Sundays. Our vision is to see the love of Jesus overwhelm and transform the families of our community. We value a blended worship style that bridges the generational preferences and unites our hearts and minds in Jesus Christ. Our preaching style is expositional from the Bible with relevant and practical ways that we can live out God’s Word faithfully in our culture.
Trinity Baptist Church in Fairfield, CT is actively seeking to welcome and hire an Associate Pastor to lead Christian discipleship and family ministries. Ideal candidates will demonstrate a passion for pastoral ministry and leading leaders.
- This is a full-time, professional, salaried position (45-50 hours per week). Expected office hours each week are:
- Monday – Thursday: 8:30am-2:30pm
- Friday, Saturday: Day Off (or special events)
- Sunday: 7:30am-noon, evening as needed
- The balance of the weekly commitment will be covered by evening and weekend meetings/events, plus working from home.
2. Vocational Responsibilities:
- Develop and lead a strategy toward initiatives that will support TBC families (including adults and youth) in their Gospel growth, while encouraging greater involvement in the life of the church. Lead and organize effective ministries that help congregants connect in community, grow in maturity, serve using their gifts, and share their faith.
- Prepare and preach biblically faithful, relevant, expository sermons for the Sunday morning Worship Service (this will be occasional for this role).
- Conduct premarital, vocational, family, bereavement, counseling sessions, etc., as needed. When necessary we will recommend other professional help. Support senior pastor and Elders as needed in visiting congregation members in the hospital.
- Serve as an elder on the church elder board and participate in regular elder board meetings; translate and execute the decisions of the Elder Board into strategies of ministry.
- Cultivate and lead a healthy, Gospel-centered, collaborative, respectful culture and working environment; serve, lead, train and encourage fellow colleagues and volunteer ministry leaders.
- Understand the needs of families through regular interaction with the parents of children and youth.
To apply for this position please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting is not exhaustive; a complete job description and summary will be provided to all applicants.