Senior Adults Pastoral Care Associate
Roseville, Minnesota // www.calvarychurch.us
About Calvary ChurchWe’re all real people, with real dreams, and real struggles—all touched by God’s amazing grace. We’ve grown from a group of 28 people with a big vision for spreading God’s word, to two campuses of 1,300 today. We are rooted in the Bible and that shapes our core beliefs, and we’re part of a denomination that connects us to a greater community. We have something for every age and stage of life, and provide two different service styles for praise and worship on the weekends—traditional and contemporary.
Job descriptionA. QUALIFICATIONS
1. Baccalaureate degree (required) and graduate theological degree (desired).
2. At least five years of ministry experience in Senior Adults, pastoral care, or program ministry in a local church (preferably multi-site) setting.
3. Ability to relate and communicate well one-on-one and in small groups.
4. Subscribe to and affirm the Statement of Faith and Covenant of Calvary Church.
5. Be a regular participant in public worship at Calvary Church.
6. Remain a member in good standing of Calvary Church.
The Senior Adults Pastoral Care Associate is a member of the pastoral care team that provides care in multiple ways for the Calvary Church community including leading the Senior Adults ministry, and making hospital and homebound calls on Calvary Church members and attendees and others for whom a visit is requested. Specific responsibilities include:
1. Doing hospital visitation for Calvary Church in rotation with the Care Pastor, lay-care givers, and members of the pastoral staff.
2. Visiting patients prior to surgeries or medical procedures, praying with them and offering encouragement and support as a part of our team of pastors.
3. Making follow-up visits as necessary throughout the time of the hospitalization.
4. Other visits as assigned (hospice, care facilities, rehabilitation facilities, etc.).
5. Turning in written reports on calls made (report provided on a weekly basis).
6. Assisting with funerals, memorial services, and other care-related ministries as requested.
7. Providing leadership for the Senior Adults ministry.
8. Providing leadership for the Barnabas Care team ministry.
9. Participating as a member of the Care ministry team.
10. Participating in the office “Pastor on Call” rotation.
11. Fulfilling other responsibilities as assigned.
1. Reports to the Care Pastor.
2. Relates to the pastoral staff and support staff personnel.
3. Works with the Pastoral Care ministry support staff person.
4. Relates to the Senior Adults ministry and Care ministry teams.