About Ridgewood Church
Located in the beautiful Minneapolis suburb of Minnetonka, Ridgewood Church is undergoing a successful revitalization. Its strategic plans include a building restoration, church planting, leadership development through residency, and enhanced children’s programming. It is a gospel-centered church that is ready to take its next steps forward. Ridgewood is affiliated with Converge North Central.
Job descriptionThe Executive Pastor oversees the general administration of Ridgewood Church while assisting the Lead Pastor in long-term planning, his leadership of Staff, and implementation of strategic goals in order to Make Jesus Known Through Community Impact.
- Extreme Ownership
- High Follow-Through
- Systems Builder
- Values People and Tasks
The Executive Pastor creates momentum through teams that work together toward the vision of the church, within the following areas:
Oversight and Planning
Supports the Lead Pastor in the accomplishment of the church’s mission through ministry and operational effectiveness, evaluations, discernment, decision making, and long-range planning.
- Ensures the operational readiness of the church through leadership and oversight of the support staff, performing duties in administration, finance, human resources, facilities management, IT and supply.
- Facilitates the annual strategic planning process, including: assisting with the evaluation of ministry performance; review of mission, vision, and core values; development of key objectives; and establishment of short-term and long-term goals.
- Establishes and maintains a set of key performance measures that provide the Lead Pastor and church staff with ongoing visibility of the effectiveness of all functional areas of the church.
- Champions the development and implementation of best-practice systems and infrastructure by all ministry and support areas that help to produce the healthy and long- term growth of the church.
- Works alongside the Lead Pastor to ensure that staffing, facilities and programs are appropriately and effectively aligned to best meet strategic goals.
- Works with the Lead Pastor and appropriate standing committees in leading the church’s building programs and capital fundraising campaigns.
Oversees and executes the administration of the church through appropriate staff, lay leadership teams and consultants as needed.
- Ensures the completion of business, facility, and logistical support functions through staff and volunteers.
- Provides oversight and direction through appropriate staff and the finance committee of the financial functions of the church including: cash flow, contributions, insurance, banking and financing, payroll, contracts, risk management, budget development and administration.
- Ensures that the church’s technology infrastructure (IT) creates efficiencies and allows for continued growth and innovation. Primary technology systems include -- but are not limited to -- church management solutions, accounting software, computer network, telecommunications, and technology systems to support the production and creative arts programming of Ridgewood Church.
- Provides input and oversight of a facility-usage plan.
- An appropriate educational background (Leadership and/or Ministry degree).
- Sufficient experience on a senior leadership team within a medium- to large-church context that reveals skills necessary for this role.
- Ability to supervise administrative staff and understand, motivate, and support ministry leaders.
- A proven track record of effective leadership, judgment, above-reproach character, expert-level written and verbal communication skills, project management ability, and proficiency in technology.
- Outstanding character as a sold-out follower of Jesus. Is confidential, helpful, cheerful, diplomatic, and carries a caring and positive attitude.
- A strong marriage and family life that is visible to others.
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to communicate persuasively and compassionately both orally and in writing.