About Oak Haven ChurchOak Haven Church is a multigenerational church of 200+ people in the north metro of the Twin Cities. We are located in Ham Lake, MN, 25 miles north of Minneapolis in the center of Anoka County. Our county is home to over 340,000 people and is a growing area of the state. Our church reaches across all of Anoka County and even further North into Isanti County. Oak Haven Church has a vision for building relational bridges individually as disciples in our own community, sending corporately through missions locally and globally, and multiplying a kingdom mindset as a church by planting more local churches. The church began in 1965 and is made up of a solid core of mature believers as well as a growing number of younger families and individuals who want to grow in their faith.
Objective: To provide Office support to Oak Haven Church pastors, our congregation, callers, and visitors.
Qualifications: Oak Haven is looking for a great team player who will bring enthusiasm, positivity, flexibility, great communication, and resourcefulness to the job. Our staff team loves to work together to achieve God’s mission, so we are looking forward to adding a new administrative assistant to support our ministries with efficiency and friendliness!
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Supervises paid staff: None
- Assist pastors as needed.
- Keep current and update all forms of church communication with excellence, timeliness, and consistency: the church bulletin, website, e-mail newsletter, worship slides, church sign, Facebook, other social media, printed materials, bulletin board, etc.
- Update the member database each week – including guests, membership, baptisms, dedications, etc.
- Prepare and mail letters to our guests and visitors.
- Update the church calendar as event requests become known and are submitted including managing the use of rooms, resources, and set up/take down (coordinate with custodian as needed).
- Add coming events, forms, and news to website as appropriate for events and manage event registration as needed.
- Process incoming and outgoing US mail.
- Assist callers and in-person visitors.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Purchase office supplies as needed.
- Miscellaneous office tasks as they arise.
- Maintain office files, computer, and hard copies.
- Communicate prayer requests with staff and congregation.
Salary and Benefits: To be established by Church Board