About Woodcrest Church
During fall 2022, we are celebrating our thirtieth year. Woodcrest has been blessed with beautiful and efficient ministry facilities. The original 20,000 square foot building, constructed in the fall of 2000, is home to the worship center – which seats up to 330 people, adult education space, the Woodcrest Café, and the main office area. In November of 2008 construction was completed on an 18,000 square foot addition, the Generations Wing. This area is home to the church’s children and student ministries.
Woodcrest is located in the city of Eagan, Minnesota, in the southeastern section of the greater Twin Cities area. Woodcrest is approximately 20 miles from Minneapolis and 15 miles from St. Paul.
The overall vision of Woodcrest Church is summarized as: Real God, Real People, Real Transformation. Woodcrest pursues our vision when we live out our values of Gather, Connect and Serve. The Lead Pastor shall give vision, leadership, structure, and support to each of these values so we can make more disciples for Jesus Christ.
Main responsibilities of the Lead Pastor include spiritual and executive guidance of the church, staff leadership, and shepherding fully devoted followers of Christ who connect lost people with God. This individual will need a unique blend of strengths: an engaging & convicting preaching style, a heart for worship, community-focus, and a servant’s heart for pastoring people.
- Pursuing a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ through the regular practice of spiritual disciplines including prayer, Bible reading, study, and worship.
- Meets Biblical qualifications for pastoral leadership (1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9).
- Highly effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Minimum of 3 years church experience as an associate or lead pastor.
- BA or BS degree and ordination, Master of Divinity degree preferred.
COMPENTENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Giftedness of connecting, leadership, and administration/organization.
- Ability to share God’s Word through biblically based and compelling preaching.
- Understanding of and ability to effectively communicate the role of the local church in our current cultural climate.
- Ability to attract, lead and equip others for leadership and ministry.
- Ability to inspire all ministry teams to help accomplish the purpose of Woodcrest Church.
- Strength at connecting with the local community to explore partnerships that can expand the impact of Woodcrest.
- A desire to grow Woodcrest into a thriving, multi-generational, multi-cultural church through innovative options.
- Full support of spouse, if married, to the ministry of Woodcrest Church.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Preach and teach the Word of God, lead public worship services, administer the ordinances, and lead the congregation.
- Direct the church staff, providing counsel, encouragement, and Christian discipline to assist in the accomplishment of objectives.
- Develop policy and direction of ministry with staff and lay leadership.
- Give leadership to establishing annual church objectives.
- Participate as a member of the Leadership Board.
To learn more about the position and apply go to https://www.woodcrestchurch.org/lead-pastor-information.