About The River Church
The River Church exists because of the grace and goodness of God.
We are an elder-led congregation located in River Falls, WI, and we are a member of Converge Great Lakes. We are looking for a lead pastor who will establish the hearts of our people in the word of God and spur us on to reach our community with the gospel.
Through times of challenge and rejoicing God has been growing us into a people who love him through the work of his Son and who serve one another with joy. We still have lots of growing to do, but we know that God is not finished with us yet, and we are rejoicing in his sovereignty as we look to the future and seek out a new lead pastor to help equip us for the work of the ministry.
The purpose of the Lead Pastor position is to work with the elders to provide biblical leadership, instruction, vision and direction to the body of believers at The River. He, along with the elders, is to ensure that the church practices sound doctrine and is using its resources wisely to accomplish its mission.
- In relation to elders, is a “first among equals”- He is the primary teaching pastor, has primary oversight of the congregation, and is the primary spokesman for the elders to the congregation.He also takes the lead in keeping the church aligned with its mission and vision.
- Preach the Word in accordance with sound doctrine
- Supervise, mentor, and work jointly with staff
- Work with the elders and practice mutual accountability with them
- Meet with the elders and ministry team leaders on a regular basis
- Periodically, teach classes related to doctrine, core values, etc.
- Keep regular office hours for the purpose of being available for counseling, staff meetings and ministry appointments
- Visit with/oversee visitation of those who are ill or institutionalized
- Meet periodically with the lead pastors from our family of churches (St. Croix LEAD Team in Hudson, New Richmond, Somerset, Baldwin and Prescott, WI)
- Join St. Croix Valley LEAD Team churches in cooperative mission efforts
- A man whose life and reputation are in alignment with the qualifications for overseers outlined in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
- Minimum of 7 years pastoral experience or equivalent
- Preferred- Master of Divinity from a Bible college or seminary, or its equivalent
- Reformed and Complementarian theological positions and a strong biblical foundation
- Servant leader who follows through; does not dominate; equips others to lead and delegates authority well
- A good steward of financial and other resources
- A strong desire to see people grow in their faith
- A heart for outreach
- Subscribe to the Converge Affirmation of Faith and to the Converge Great Lakes Code of Ministerial Ethics