Southern Cone Initiative
We are asking God for a gospel movement in every metropolitan region with over a million people in Argentina, Uruguay, and Southern Brazil in our generation.
We define the Southern Cone as a geographic region in South America located east of the Andes Mountains and south of the Tropic of Capricorn that encompasses Argentina, Uruguay, and Southern Brazil, whose people are primarily of European descent and who are considered to be mostly least-reached.
- Identify and serve gospel movement leaders in 10 key cities throughout the Southern Cone
- Deploy 20 new missionary families into the Southern Cone by 2023
The Bajio Initiative targets a five-state region in Central Mexico which is 2.5 percent - 3.5 percent evangelical. While much of Mexico has seen a better response to the gospel, the region surrounding Guadalajara, the second largest city in Mexico, has been resistant to the gospel.
- See beginning stages of a multiplying gospel movement in the Bajio region.
- Work with evangelical movement leaders in this region to assist them in sending missionaries to the unreached and unengaged people groups in Mexico.
Opportunities for ministry in Guadalajara include children’s ministries in two local Mexican church children’s programs and women’s ministries such as MOPS and working with Mexican pastors’ wives.
Latin America Regional Impact Team
The Latin America Regional Impact Team seeks to come alongside partners in Latin America and the Caribbean to resource and assist them in building and strengthening gospel movements among the least-reached people groups in Latin America and around the world. It seeks to tap into the passion of the existing Latin America church to see gospel movements developed around the world.
- Work with high-capacity leaders in Latin America, assisting them to see movements in which they raise up disciple-makers who, in turn, train disciple-makers
- Work with evangelical movement leaders in Latin America to recruit, resource and train global workers who will go to least-reached people groups in Latin America and around the world
- Identify specialists who can work across national boundaries and who can come alongside national partners to help resource them in areas where they are requesting assistance