Biblical process to help your church through steps of renewal
Every healthy church is birthed with a new vitality and fresh vision. As churches grow and mature, they often see significant numbers of people expressing faith in Jesus Christ and experience meaningful changes in the lives of those who belong.
Over time — perhaps decades — things begin to change. Imperceptibly at first, but eventually, the growth they enjoyed wanes, both in the lives of people and in their attendance. Growth and maturity have been subtly exchanged for an atmosphere of maintenance. More and more energy and resources are expended to keep things up, and excitement is replaced by consistency. But mobilization strategies reignite churches with transforming passion and power.
Renewing Life and ReTooling Vision
Sliding into maintenance, decline and eventual death is avoidable. Renewing or “retooling” for new growth and fruit-bearing can happen when a church and its leadership humbly and prayerfully commit themselves to it. The ReTool Kit is a solid, biblical process designed to help a church through the steps of renewal. It is not a one-size-fits-all church growth program. Instead, it is a two-year, guided pathway to becoming a healthier church as leaders discover how Christ wants their church to uniquely follow him more closely.
The Retool Kit helps by walking a church through a guided "retooling" process.
It addresses topics such as:
- Renewing Leaders
- Renewing Community
- Renewing Urgency
- Discerning the Vision
- Communicating the Vision
- Implementing the Vision
The ReTool Process Includes
- Biblically-based learning experiences to keep you anchored in God’s Word
- The support of an experienced coach
- Multiple leadership retreats
- A Natural Church Development profile
- The use of insightful books and proven diagnostic tools
Steps to Prepare
- Initial briefing of pastor
- Contact Converge Great Lakes for coaching resources, assessment practices & other helps
- Overview meeting with the leadership team of the church
- Recruitment of potential Vision Community members
- Orientation and establishment of Vision Community